PGA Nominee Matrix?

1998 through 2007
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Re: PGA Nominee Matrix?

Postby OscarGuy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:51 pm

I submitted a correction to IMDb to fix these errors.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:41 pm

Interesting that The Matrix has been retroactively placed in the Oscar hunt. Considering that I'm either lukewarm (The Cider House Rules, The Green Mile) or varying shades of quite positive depending on my mood (American Beauty, The Insider, and The Sixth Sense), I might prefer it to most if not of the nominees.
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Postby OscarGuy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:59 pm

You are correct. Here's the data from January of 2000 that I posted on my website:

http://www.cinemasight.com/Oscars/Annual/72nd/Precursors.html

Their Wikipedia page only lists the winners.

Their own website doesn't have data past 2008.

And after a very long time searching Variety (could Variety's website be any more frustrating?), I finally found a news article that proves us both right:

http://variety.com/2000/film/news/golden-noms-named-1117761084/
Wesley Lovell

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Sabin
Laureate

PGA Nominee Matrix?

Postby Sabin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:08 pm

I was looking something up on IMDB and I noticed that on Joel Silver's "awards" history, he was nominated for a PGA Award for The Matrix in 1999.

That seemed odd to me but IMDB lists the PGA Nominees for 1999 as: American Beauty, Being John Malkovich, The Insider, The Matrix, and The Sixth Sense.

...is that right?

It's crazy that I actually have brain-space reserved for this but I thought the nominees were American Beauty, Being John Malkovich, The Cider House Rules, The Hurricane, and The Insider.
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

Return to “The 8th Decade”