The VCR / DVR / Streaming Alert Thread

1895-1999
dws1982
Tenured

The VCR / DVR / Streaming Alert Thread

Postby dws1982 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:57 pm

I can post a few alerts, but I hope Damien and Tee and Big Magilla can come up with others that I may be overlooking.

I'm focusing mainly on movies that aren't available on DVD, and that don't show up on TV very often. I've been able to get several lately, and have started the process of burning them onto DVD. Unfortunately, I made a few mishaps yesterday and ended up deleting Sister Kenny (one of Rosalind Russell's nominated performances), and Task Force (which didn't seem interesting, but I wanted to view as part of my 1949 marathon)

07-17, 10AM EST: Tight Spot (A district attorney tries to get a hardboiled woman to testify against the mob.)

07-18, 9:30 AM EST: They Won't Believe Me (A faithless husband is charged with a murder he didn't commit.) Probably a waste of time, given what I've seen from the director.

07-18, 2:45 PM EST: Knock on Any Door (A crusading lawyer fights to save a juvenile delinquent charged with murder.)

Those are just the first ones that caught my eye as I glanced over the listings through the end of the week, so I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Return to “The First Century”