Everything Is Great and Amazing

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Everything Is Great Again

Postby Big Magilla » Tue May 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Breaking News

(AP) The Israeli government was the source of the classified intelligence that President Trump shared with a pair of Russian officials in a meeting last week, a new report said Tuesday,

The New York Times, citing a former American official who knew how the US obtained the information, reported that Trump’s disclosure could harm relations between the two longstanding allies.

Russia, the paper reported, could pass the information off to Iran, which has vowed to destroy the Jewish state.
Trump and National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster both defended the disclosure Tuesday, saying that nothing inappropriate had been revealed.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Tue May 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Right now they're still using Trump to get what they want. He has a built-in buffer of diehard supporters that could turn to someone outside of the party if he is impeached. With Pence to sign into law everything they pass, they won't miss him, but without that buffer they may find 2018 tougher than they anticipate to maintain their majorities in both houses.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Tue May 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Big Magilla wrote
If there is evidence of Pence and Ryan having knowledge of Russian money laundering they could be impeached simultaneously with Trump. If they were smart, Ryan and McConnell, who is subject to impeachment on the money laundering but not in the chain of command, would move to oust Trump now on any number of issues aside from Russian interference in the election it may mean that the furor over that dies down and allowing the investigation to come to a halt before it gets to them.

The only way impeachment could occur is if Republicans turn on their own. I have a difficult time seeing them do that with Trump, but it's almost impossible with Pence or Ryan. They could stop under the banner of "This country's been through enough."
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Tue May 16, 2017 12:34 pm

If there is evidence of Pence and Ryan having knowledge of Russian money laundering they could be impeached simultaneously with Trump. If they were smart, Ryan and McConnell, who is subject to impeachment on the money laundering but not in the chain of command, would move to oust Trump now on any number of issues aside from Russian interference in the election it may mean that the furor over that dies down and allowing the investigation to come to a halt before it gets to them.

If putting an ally in danger by revealing information on ISIS operations in Syria to the Russians last week doesn't mean automatic impeachment, maybe when the source is annihilated by Russia and/or Assad, it will enough to finally remove him from office. Let's hope it doesn't get that far.

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Tue May 16, 2017 11:13 am

Big Magilla wrote
In order for Rubio to leap over the current cabinet, he would have to become Vice President while Hatch is president. I thought of that scenario, but couldn't come up with a name. Rubio seems as likely as any.

I just assumed if Hatch succeeded the presidency, who would make the most sense for him to pick? It was between Marco Rubio and John Kasich. To be honest, Kasich might make more sense because he never endorsed Trump and has been publicly critical of him so it's possible that he could retain the public's trust sooner.

That said, considering we don't really have the votes to impeach Trump anyway, I don't see us having either the votes or the constitution to oust Pence or Ryan.
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Tue May 16, 2017 9:32 am

Sabin wrote:45th President of the United States: Donald John Trump (R) (2017-2017*)
* resigned to avoid impeachment.
46th President of the United States: Former Vice President Michael Richard Pence (R) (2017-2017*)
* resigned to avoid impeachment
47th President of the United States: Former Speaker of the House Paul Davis Ryan, Jr. (R) (2017-2017*)
48th President of the United States: Former Senate Pro Tempore Orrin Grant Hatch (R) (2017-2018*)
* resigned because he's super old
49th President of the United States: Former Vice President Marco Antonio Rubio (R) (2018-2028)

PRESIDENT RUBIO: (does Mr Burns-like hand wringing) exactly as planned.

Actually it can go straight to Hatch if all above him are impeached at the same time.

In order for Rubio to leap over the current cabinet, he would have to become Vice President while Hatch is president. I thought of that scenario, but couldn't come up with a name. Rubio seems as likely as any.

Sonic Youth
Laureate

Postby Sonic Youth » Tue May 16, 2017 9:18 am

Heksagon wrote:
Sonic Youth wrote:This just in:
Sources say President Trump accidentally submitted a tweet revealing the nuclear code.

Accidentally? What was he trying to do, send it as a private message? /s

Theories abound.

There's a belief that the president was using his special "memorization spreadsheet", but typed it in the wrong window. Hey, it happens. BTW, the White House is denying that he did that. They;re claiming it was really the combination number to his luggage, but that doesn't explain why he typed "KABOOM!!" at the end.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Heksagon
Adjunct

Postby Heksagon » Tue May 16, 2017 12:36 am

Sonic Youth wrote:This just in:
Sources say President Trump accidentally submitted a tweet revealing the nuclear code.

Accidentally? What was he trying to do, send it as a private message? /s

Sonic Youth
Laureate

Postby Sonic Youth » Mon May 15, 2017 10:04 pm

This just in:
"What the hell?"

Win Butler

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Postby OscarGuy » Mon May 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Besides, after Hatch is Tillerson, then Mnuchin, then Mattis. It will stop at Mattis if no one else.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Mon May 15, 2017 7:53 pm

If you're asking me, do I really think we're going to end up with ten years of Rubio following one year of four Presidents...no, I don't expect the system to operate properly. But I've been wrong about everything so far so let's have some fun!

Sonic Youth
Laureate

Postby Sonic Youth » Mon May 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Sabin, that's over 10% of our nation's presidents in eighteen months.
"What the hell?"

Win Butler

Sonic Youth
Laureate

Postby Sonic Youth » Mon May 15, 2017 7:46 pm

Sonic Youth wrote:
Sonic Youth wrote:
Mister Tee wrote:
I'm not sure things can come close to waiting that long

I'll believe it when I see it. This congress doesn't even want to hire an independent prosecutor.

Of course, that would all depend on whether our saintly president can shut up for more than twenty minutes without making things worse for himself.

I also meant to say "And as long as Trump doesn't do anything foolhardy, like share sensitive classified information with top Russian officials, putting the safety of our nation and other nations at risk, and jeopardizing diplomatic relationships with our allies. If he's careful not to do that, then I think he'll skate through without any independent prosecutors." I came this... close.... to writing that, verbatim.

But I will guarantee you this. Trump will NEVER be impeached. He'll NEVER be prosecuted. And he'll NEVER be behind bars.

(Sits back and waits for the next bombshell.)
"What the hell?"

Win Butler

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Mon May 15, 2017 7:45 pm

45th President of the United States: Donald John Trump (R) (2017-2017*)
* resigned to avoid impeachment.
46th President of the United States: Former Vice President Michael Richard Pence (R) (2017-2017*)
47th President of the United States: Former Speaker of the House Paul Davis Ryan, Jr. (R) (2017-2017*)
48th President of the United States: Former Senate Pro Tempore Orrin Grant Hatch (R) (2017-2018*)
* resigned because he's super old
49th President of the United States: Former Vice President Marco Antonio Rubio (R) (2018-2028)

PRESIDENT RUBIO: (does Mr Burns-like hand wringing) exactly as planned.
Last edited by Sabin on Mon May 15, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Sat May 13, 2017 8:13 am

It's not stupidity, it's arrogance which is blind to all else including stupidity.

Return to “Current Events”