Everything Is Great and Amazing

Sonic Youth
Laureate

Re: Everything Is Great Again

Postby Sonic Youth » Tue May 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Sonic Youth wrote:
My frustration has nothing to do with the slowness of it all. (Actually, I think things are developing pretty swiftly, as these things go.) It's that for months every time there's a minor development, everyone's flipping out like Rachel Maddow with the tax returns.

Flipping out highly encouraged tonight.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Greg
Tenured

Postby Greg » Tue May 09, 2017 5:29 pm

In addition to everything else, Trump shows he also has a complete lack of gratitude.
The fact that #ScotusPick Kavanuaugh believes that a President cannot be indicted is an automatic disqualification from Supreme Court consideration.
Plain and simple. --

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Tue May 09, 2017 5:00 pm

"Ooh, I don't know about that move," ~ Ghost of Nixon.

Then Ghost of Nixon realizes that he had to worry about a Democratic-controlled House and Senate and President Trump doesn't, says "Lucky bastard."

EDITED NOW THAT IMMEDIATE HYSTERIA HAS WORE OFF
Last edited by Sabin on Tue May 09, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Tue May 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Breaking news! Trump has just fired FBI Director Comey! Stay tuned...
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire

Sonic Youth
Laureate

Postby Sonic Youth » Sat May 06, 2017 7:49 pm

The Original BJ wrote:I think the most terrifying thing I read yesterday was a Tweet suggesting that the GOP is currently acting like a party that does not anticipate having free and fair elections ever again.

They're acting like they have no brains. This is backfiring spectacularly. There will be free and fair elections in 2018, and they will be beautiful. You see how the senate's in no hurry to do what the house just did?
"What the hell?"

Win Butler

The Original BJ
Emeritus

Postby The Original BJ » Fri May 05, 2017 12:53 pm

I think the most terrifying thing I read yesterday was a Tweet suggesting that the GOP is currently acting like a party that does not anticipate having free and fair elections ever again.

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Fri May 05, 2017 12:05 pm

I'm reading a lot of articles titled "Democrats confident about their ability to block Trump's legislation" and "Democrats confident about their chances in 2018."

In the past year, I've developed a fear of sentences that begin with the words "Democrats confident about..."
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

Sonic Youth
Laureate

Postby Sonic Youth » Thu May 04, 2017 11:43 pm

I could have done without the singing. Still, better that than the fiddling all the Neros in the Republican party are doing.
"What the hell?"

Win Butler

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Thu May 04, 2017 2:21 pm

House Democrats started chanting "Na, na, na, na/Hey hey/Goodbye" as Republicans passed Repeal & Replacement.

Hope they're right.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:44 am

This one is right in Trump's backyard, the state where he's spent all his down time since becoming president.

It's in the same vein as ICE deporting mothers of young children including special needs kids, and now registered dreamers.

The ten-year-old autistic kid is obviously a handful, but the incident in which he kicked the teacher's aid because he or she frightened him occurred last November. He was suspended for six months. His mother was asked to bring him to his special needs school for testing so they would know where to place him when his suspension ends next month. The cops were waiting to arrest him on a felony warrant on a complaint filed by the school unbeknownst to the mother in November. He was hauled off in handcuffs, thinking his mother was part of the conspiracy.

First they came for the fathers, then the mothers, then the kids of the "illegals", now they're going for the less-than-perfect kids. It reeks of Nazi Germany.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire

Sonic Youth
Laureate

Postby Sonic Youth » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Come on. There have ALWAYS been stories like these.
"What the hell?"

Win Butler

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:17 pm

Is this what life is going to be like in Trump's America from now on?

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/10yo-a ... ed-school/

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 pm

When I said I FUCKING HOPE THAT RACIST, SEXIST ASSHOLE IS GONE BEFORE SUMMER...I meant Donald Trump, but this is cool too.

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:55 pm

It means he can get on the airwaves and continue to normalize his presidency. And every day we get more and more used to this guy, the harder it's going to be to get him out of office. I don't care how long Watergate took. I am done overestimating the attention span of the American people.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:18 pm

Sabin wrote:Because that's the one our President tweeted so it's all across the internet.

And that means what, exactly?

Return to “Current Events”