Everything Is Great and Amazing

criddic3
Tenured

Re: Everything Is Great and Amazing

Postby criddic3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Bog wrote:Wonder what Fox news is covering right now...

I don't even get Fox on my cable package anymore, but I do get some stuff in my Facebook newsfeed. There's an hilarious recent moment that MSNBC's Joe Scarborough picked up on when Sean Hannity tried to defend President Trump on the reports he had ordered Robert Mueller fired to stop the investigation Mueller is heading. At first Hannity tried to say it was "fake news," but then Fox News researchers told him they confirmed the reports to be true. So he makes some quick reference to "doesn't the president have the right to fire anyone he wants" and then he turned it over to -- wait for it-- a car crash on some highway! Scarborough and his panel on MSNBC were all in disbelief, laughing on the air.

Hard-core conservatives and some other Republicans don't know how to handle Trump as a political matter. They know he's a mess and they know he's unpopular, but they want to pass their agenda. So, like Scarborough says, some of them have basically "sold their souls" ... but for what? If Trump goes down, so will they. Now's the time for those who still have a conscience to stand up to Trump.
"If you can't stand the nut on the left and you can't stand the nut on the right, go for the Johnson,” Jonathan S. Bush (10/21/2016)

flipp525
Laureate

Postby flipp525 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Oh awesome. Let’s just hand the GOP another victory in 2020. That narcissistic old bag needs to just go away. And take Lady Jane with him.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Greg
Tenured

Postby Greg » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Bernie Sanders summons team to discuss 2020:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ing-368148
A party without cake is just a meeting

― Julia Child

Precious Doll
Tenured

Postby Precious Doll » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:23 am

Everything going on in the U.S. is happening in various forms across most countries.

Look at what has been going on in Yemen while the rest of the mankind just carries on it's merry way to self destruction.

The world feels like it's falling apart in slow motion. I sometimes think is is because I'm getting 'old' but I don't ever recall such chaos and disorder. The biggest problem the world faces is climate change but no more than baby steps are being made to address it and I fear we have passed the point of no return.
"I have no interest in all of that. I find that all tabloid stupidity" Woody Allen, The Guardian, 2014, in response to his adopted daughter's allegations.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:59 pm

I find it harder and harder to watch the news. Local news is full of local murders and other cruelties. MSNBC and CNN spend all day and night talking about the latest 3 or 4 things Trump and the Republicans have done that one would think would shock their supporters into waking up, yet nothing happens to change things.

I think Trump wants the Mueller investigation to end regardless of the outcome. No matter what the investigation finds, he's got enough support in Congress for impeachment proceedings to go nowhere. The only hope for a sane outcome is for the Democrats to win big in November and start the process next January, but even that is not guaranteed.

Between the congressional revival of McCarthyism albeit against the FBI and the Hollywood scandals putting the kibosh on everything the public turns a blind eye to with Trump, we're back in the early 1950s. With the threat of nuclear war with North Korea, I wonder how long it will be before schools re-institute the get-under-your-desk drills, the bombs are coming drills, that were a staple of the times.

Bog
Assistant

Postby Bog » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:17 pm

Wonder what Fox news is covering right now...God help them if some "illegal" voter didn't sneak into the country and spontaneously murder a pregnant white woman.

Ohhhhh duh Senator Obama took a photo with Farrakhan ....all is well in under a rock town

The Original BJ
Emeritus

Postby The Original BJ » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:47 pm

UM. :shock:

Precious Doll
Tenured

Postby Precious Doll » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:47 pm

Big Magilla wrote:Precious, do you get CNN International or some similar U.S. News channel?

Along with the BCC, CNN is only available via cable TV, which I don't subscribe to. Of course we hear the appalling daily comments Trumps on the news.
"I have no interest in all of that. I find that all tabloid stupidity" Woody Allen, The Guardian, 2014, in response to his adopted daughter's allegations.

Okri
Tenured

Postby Okri » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Okri wrote:FFS.

Well, looks like I posted that too soon.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:29 am

Precious, do you get CNN International or some similar U.S. News channel?

It's mentioned all the time. The latest is that Trump won't sign a DACA agreement or any other immigration reform without funding for the wall, which is no longer expected to be paid for by Mexico. His supporters love it. After Thursday's shitstorm, he allegedly spent hours calling his supporters who backed him for telling it how it is.

I wish they'd build a wall around Trump Tower, Mira-Lago and all of Trump's other ownings and let no one in or out after an emergency evacuation order.

Precious Doll
Tenured

Postby Precious Doll » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:47 am

Any update on how the promised wall between Mexico and the US going?

Haven't seen or heard a things about it since Trumps election victory.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:55 am

I don't think anything can top former Mexican president Vincente Fox's comment that the biggest shithole is Trump's mouth.

It won't happen, but it would be a fitting end to him to be run out of office for this and be known forevermore as "the shithole president."

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 am

I went off of Facebook today. I have a heavy and exciting work load to finish by the end of the month, and to be perfectly honest, I don't need this shit.

I am in favor of opposing President Trump at every turn, but this isn't news. It doesn't help anybody. It doesn't inform anybody. It only hurts the world. We already know President Trump is a racist. He was a racist before he ran for President, he was a racist while running for President, and he's a racist now. His comments about "shit hole countries" don't strike me as substantially more evil than saying "all Haitians have AIDS." I appreciate the desire to once and for all denounce this man as a racist instead of racially charged or vulgar in the media...but I blame the media for not doing it two years ago and cutting off his fucking mic then.

I think our President is a narcissist who feeds off of negative attention. I think he's a plenty awful person on his own, but I think social media and the presidency are a terrible mix for him.
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

Okri
Tenured

Postby Okri » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Yeah and everything else that happened this week. Honestly, I'm just exhausted.

Mister Tee
Laureate

Postby Mister Tee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:57 pm

Sabin wrote:Haha, the "shit hole countries" comment?

He could be referring to just about anything from the past 48 hours. (Or 2-1/2 years, I guess.)

Return to “Current Events”