Everything Is Great and Amazing

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Everything Is Great and Amazing

Postby Big Magilla » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:30 pm

In the meantime the First Daughter's name is being floated to head the World Bank.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ump-report
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire

criddic3
Tenured

Postby criddic3 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Mister Tee wrote:Yeah, I believe we're approaching DEFCON 1. And the final result is going to be a lot closer to what the so-called alarmists were predicting than what the "realists" have been maintaining. Fasten your seat belts.

When even Fox News is willing to discuss President Trump as someone who "committed a felony" (as Judge Napolitano did recently) and pushing back on some of Trump's wall rhetoric, I think it's safe to say that the people who still support this man has shrunk to a very, very small group. Yet he maintains an overall approval rating around 40%. I find that rather shocking.
"If you can't stand the nut on the left and you can't stand the nut on the right, go for the Johnson,” Jonathan S. Bush (10/21/2016)

Mister Tee
Laureate

Postby Mister Tee » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:23 pm

Yeah, I believe we're approaching DEFCON 1. And the final result is going to be a lot closer to what the so-called alarmists were predicting than what the "realists" have been maintaining. Fasten your seat belts.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:40 pm

It's treason in plain sight.

Here's the NYT article on the FBI investigation into Manchurian Candidate Trump:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/p ... e=Homepage
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire

The Original BJ
Emeritus

Postby The Original BJ » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Even after everything, "[The FBI] grew increasingly concerned about whether the president's actions constituted anti-American activity" is still a pretty mind-blowing sentence to read.

Greg
Tenured

Postby Greg » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:39 pm

Elizabeth Warren Launches Exploratory Committee for President:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... bH0RU4GcVo
"Wall Street is not the solution to our problem. Wall Street is the problem!"

Ronald Reagan, corrected

Greg
Tenured

Postby Greg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Democrats shift toward impact on jobs as climate change moves to front of 2020 agenda:

". . . The proposal . . . calls for a special committee in the House to draft a plan by 2020 for a historic multitrillion-dollar federal spending and loan program with the goal of building a '100 percent greenhouse gas neutral power generation system' and providing millions of jobs in low-income areas."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 955625b644

Ronald Reagan, corrected

Okri
Tenured

Postby Okri » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:52 pm

Sabin
Tenured Laureate

Postby Sabin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:03 pm

I fucking love Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

“What is this in reference to?”

Just... everything.
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:40 pm

MSNBC just called him "The Manchurian President" which might be a better title for this thread.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:03 pm

And from Trump's neighborhood, no less!

Greg
Tenured

Postby Greg » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:47 pm

The First Trumpsgiving Performed by Fifth Grade Kids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwgxf9e7AUc

Ronald Reagan, corrected

Precious Doll
Emeritus

Postby Precious Doll » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:33 am

Interesting developments in terms of US elections for the future:

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-amer ... 50gdk.html

What the US should do, but I concede change is often reluctant and slow but all Americans who care about and want to improve democracy should read this opinion piece from Australia. Despite my dismay with politics in my own country one thing I can say in the positive is that I have ABSOLUTE confiedence in the manner in which voting is undertaken and carried out by a Government funded and independent apolitical body:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 50es9.html

The only aspect of the above article I disagree with is that this paragraph "Australians should be grateful to have a well regarded, independent agency doing the job – and resist all attempts to politicise any part of the public service, because it’s a slippery slope and the AEC might be next." I'm afraid numerous departments of the Australian Public Service have been politicised over the last 22 years (I should know - I spent my working life of 33 years in one of them and one only has to be familiar with local issues to see it across most departments), however the AEC is one of the few exceptions and the Australian public must diligent to insure that the AEC is never comprimised.
“Those Koreans. They’re so suspicious, you know, ever since Hiroshima.” Constance Langdon (Jessica Lange) from American Horror Story: Season One

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:53 pm

The Broward County re-count found fewer ballots for Nelson (D) but it's OK because the Broward County re-count has been thrown out because it was submitted two minutes late. It was two minutes late because the clerk uploading the count to the Florida Secretary of State's system didn't know how to work the website. Makes you wonder if Scott (R) and Trump don't have a point that something doesn't smell right when all the Broward County incompetence has benefitted Nelson to Scott's detriment.

The State will now go to a manual recount in all counties.

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:04 am

Trump wouldn't know that. He's never purchased a box of cereal in his life. I doubt he's ever purchased anything for himself. He's always had flunkies around.

He's not having a nervous breakdown. He's having a fit because he didn't get his way like a petulant toddler. People keep hoping he cracks up and resigns ahead of his impeachment like Nixon but he's not about to make it easy for us. We're going to have to do the hard work or he'll be with us for the next two to six years.

Return to “Current Events”